Re: [Linux-ia64] Recommended compiler for compiling kernels test10 and upper?

From: Jim Wilson <wilson_at_cygnus.com>
Date: 2000-11-11 09:47:25
I am maintaining a stable compiler for the ia64-linux (formerly Trillian)
group.  You can get it via ftp from ftp.cygnus.com in pub/ia64-linux.
This compiler assumes that you are using glibc 2.2.  This is based on FSF
gcc snapshots from the July/August timeframe.  There are patches to make
uit mostly work with glibc 2.1.3.

You can try using FSF gcc snapshots, but they tend to be a bit chaotic.
Especially so for ia64, because we are still doing optimization work on the
ia64 port, and hence we are occasionally destabilizing the ia64 port with
new optimizations.

Jim