Re: [Linux-ia64] Recommended compiler for compiling kernels test10 and upper?

From: Jes Sorensen <jes_at_linuxcare.com>
Date: 2000-11-11 01:17:14
>>>>> "Francis" == Francis Galiegue <fg@mandrakesoft.com> writes:

Francis> Right now I'm using the ia64-final version of gcc, and from
Francis> test10 on a check is done on whether __GNUC_MINOR__ is
Francis> greater than 91. ia64-final returns 9 which is obviously not
Francis> what the kernel expects...

Which compiler is this?

Francis> After commenting this out and fixing by hand quite a lot of
Francis> places, I got it to compile and boot though. But more recent
Francis> snapshots of gcc are available. Are they worth upgrading?

Yes, you need the latest to compile glibc anyway.

Francis> Also, will the current glibc-2.2 compile as is on ia64 and
Francis> work?

Yes

Jes