[Linux-ia64] Recommended compiler for compiling kernels test10 and upper?

From: Francis Galiegue <fg_at_mandrakesoft.com>
Date: 2000-11-10 22:14:12
Right now I'm using the ia64-final version of gcc, and from test10 on a check
is done on whether __GNUC_MINOR__ is greater than 91. ia64-final returns 9
which is obviously not what the kernel expects...

After commenting this out and fixing by hand quite a lot of places, I got it to
compile and boot though. But more recent snapshots of gcc are available. Are
they worth upgrading?

Also, will the current glibc-2.2 compile as is on ia64 and work?

--
Francis Galiegue, fg@mandrakesoft.com
"Programming is a race between programmers, who try and make more and more