Re: [Linux-ia64] Re: gdb null ptr

From: Jim Blandy <jimb_at_zwingli.cygnus.com>
Date: 2000-11-08 09:28:17
I don't think limiting the caching to C++ programs solves the problem.

If I understand the situation, the SGI compiler attaches a DW_AT_name
attribute to array types.  We don't know whether this behavior occurs
only in C compilation units, or in C++ compilation units as well.

If the SGI compiler emits bogus names for array types in C++ code too,
then the same bug will reappear when debugging C++ code, even with
this patch applied.

I think the change to tag_type_to_type needs to be reverted
altogether.  I understand that it provides substantial savings in
storage, but it's simply not correct.