[Linux-ia64] gnu-efi-1.1 released

From: Stephane Eranian <eranian_at_frankl.hpl.hp.com>
Date: 2000-10-31 08:55:19
Hi All,

I have uploaded version 1.1 of the gnu-efi package on our FTP site.

This is a minor revision over the 1.0 release. It fixes the problems
with the small data section (with the new toolchain). Please note that
to get a working lilo with this toolchain, you still need to use the old
objcopy binary.

Also some cleanups in the Makefiles to pick up the right headers files.
Thanks to David Mosberger for those fixes.

IMPORTANT: ACPI support in LILO

	Since 2.4.0-test7 the kernel is doing the ACPI parsing for
	device enumeration. Therefore the ACPI code in LILO is now obsolete.
	It will be removed in the next release.

This new version is available at:

	ftp://ftp.hpl.hp.com/pub/linux-ia64/gnu-efi-1.1.tgz

| Ste'phane ERANIAN                       | Email eranian@hpl.hp.com |
| Hewlett-Packard Laboratories            |                          |
| 1501, Page Mill Road MS 1U-15           |                          |
| Palo  Alto, CA 94303-096                |                          |
| USA                                     |                          |
| Tel : (650) 857-7174                    |                          |
| Fax : (650) 857-5548                    |                          |