[Linux-ia64] Common kernel paging error I get

From: Broadfoot, KenX <kenx.broadfoot_at_intel.com>
Date: 2000-10-28 03:26:28
Just wondering if you all see this error often:

Unable to handle kernel paging request at virtual address 0000000000000008

I am using 2.4.0-test9 patched + kdb

When this happens I can't even get into the debugger.

This is on a Quad Lion with 2 gigs of Ram

I see this mostly when running fairly heavy network traffic.

If anyone is familiar with this and has found a way to minimize it, or can
explain what it is to me I would appreciate it.

--ken broadfoot