Re: [Linux-ia64] running ia32 binaries with same .so names as ia64

From: Don Dugger <n0ano_at_valinux.com>
Date: 2000-10-19 01:32:04
Ross-

In a word, `ldconfig' is your friend.

We've modified the Runtime loader to only get libraries of the
appropriate architecture out of the `/etc/ld.so.cache'.  All you
need to do is put your IA64 and IA32 libraries in different
directories, put those directory names in `/etc/ld.so.conf'
and then run `ldconfig' to create the cache. From then on your IA64
and IA32 programs can refer to libraries of the same name and
get the right one.

As an example, my `/etc/ld.so.conf' contains:

	/usr/lib
	/usr/X11R6/lib
	/usr/ia32/lib
	/usr/ia32/urs/lib
	/usr/ia32/usr/X11R6/lib

Just make sure you re-run `ldconfig' after you put a new library
in one of these directories.