Re: [Linux-ia64] uni-processor kernel on SMP machine

From: Pat O'Rourke <orourke_at_mclinux.com>
Date: 2000-10-19 00:22:51
> Both UP and SMP kernels (2.4.0-test9) work fine on at least two 4-way
> Lions (A2-stepping CPUs each with latest and a bit old firmware) at our
> site. Can you be more specific about the problem you are seeing?

The system appears to hang right after printing "POSIX conformance testing
by UNIFIX", i.e. just before the creation of the init thread.  The kernel
is pretty locked up, alt-sysrq doesn't work.  I have not really tried to
debug it yet, so that is about all I can say at the moment.

Pat

--
Patrick O'Rourke
orourke@missioncriticallinux.com