Re: [Linux-ia64] clock stops on test9

From: Einar Saltnes <eisa_at_scali.no>
Date: 2000-10-18 20:53:12
Hi again,

Takayoshi Kouchi wrote:

> Hi all,
>

> We have seen the same problem as yours.  We have upgraded our BigSur
> with an upgrade kit from Intel.  It had originally only one processor,
> but we replaced it with two B0 processors.
> While running 2.4.0-test9 kernel, we noticed that timer interrupt of CPU0
> would stop at some time after boot.

I can see that cpu0 is the one stopping after some time looking at
/proc/stat. Very interesting!

And to David M.:
I am positive that I have remembered to do "make clean" and "make dep"
before making new kernel. I have observed the same behaviour on three
different kernels, built using only minor differences in the
configuration.

Thank you!

Einar Saltnes
--
| Einar Saltnes          |         Scali AS         |
| mailto:eisa_at_scali.no   |   http://www.scali.com   |