[Linux-ia64] workaround-1.1.efi causes processors to be "stuck"

From: Ross A. Towle <rat_at_cchkms.engr.sgi.com>
Date: 2000-10-03 03:36:16
On a 4P Lion box with A3 processors, I have applied workaround-1.1.efi
with an argument of 3.  You see 4 messages that it has been applied.
However, during the Linux boot there are messages that processors 1, 2,
and 3 are "stuck".  And I endup with only one processor.  If I reboot
and don't applied workaround-1.1.efi then I endup with 4 processors.
This is with kernel-2.4.0test8-45.

Any idea on how to get multiple processors AND the stability that
workaround-1.1 provides?

-Ross