Re: [Linux-ia64] unregister_rebbot_notifier()

From: Randall G Chan/Fremont/IBM <chanr_at_us.ibm.com>
Date: 2000-09-22 11:45:13
I didn't test it extensively, but I inserted a couple of modules and
everything seem to be okay.  And my problem was that I did have a mismatch
btwn modutils and the kernel.

Thanks,
Randy Chan
chanr@us.ibm.com

                    Keith Owens
                    <kaos@ocs.com.au>           To:     linux-ia64@linuxia64.org
                    Sent by:                    cc:     Randall G Chan/Fremont/IBM@IBMUS
                    linux-ia64-admin@lin        Subject:     Re: [Linux-ia64] unregister_rebbot_notifier()
                    uxia64.org

                    09/21/00 04:44 PM

On Thu, 21 Sep 2000 14:03:51 -0700,
"Randall G Chan/Fremont/IBM" <chanr@us.ibm.com> wrote:
>Also, I can't seem to get this module to load on 2.4.0-test8.  This system
>just seems to hang after trying to insert the module.  I've seen this
>happen on the same two machines listed above.  Are there any known
problems
>in test8 in relation to module loading?

Please try modutils 2.3.16 plus the patch at
ftp://ftp.ocs.com.au/private/modutils-2.3.16-patch-1, let me know if it
works so I can release it as modutils 2.3.17.