Re: [Linux-ia64] kernel update (relative to v2.4.0-test8)

From: Uros Prestor <uros_at_turbolinux.com>
Date: 2000-09-10 08:25:00
David Mosberger wrote:

>   HJ> as soon as it booted. I am enclosing my .config here. BTW, the
>   HJ> kernel from the 0828 Turbo Linux booted fine. I am enclosing the
>   HJ> boot message here also. Any ideas?
>
> You didn't describe how the new kernel failed, so there isn't much I
> can do.

The kernel doesn't get to print anything.  I will recompile with early printk
enabled to see if I get any more output but basically as soon as lilo passes the
control to kernel the system locks up.  I was only booting UP kernel even though
I am running 2xB1 BigSur.

I tried both BIOS 60 and BIOS 70 -- test8 locks up on both.  Additionally,
I noticed that when booting a SMP test7 kernel under BIOS 70 the kernel
recognizes only one processor.  I'm downgrading back to BIOS 60.

Uros

--
Uros Prestor
uros@turbolinux.com