Re: [Linux-ia64] problem building gnu tool

From: Jim Wilson <wilson_at_cygnus.com>
Date: 2000-05-20 05:13:10
You can't build a complete cross toolchain unless you have ia64 headers and
libraries.  Just copy the ia64-linux /usr/lib and /usr/include directories
to someplace on your x86 host.  Then point to those copies using the
configure --with-headers and --with-libs options.  The cross toolchain will
then build and work fine.

If all you want to do is build the kernel, then you don't need headers and
libraries.  I haven't done this myself, so I can't give details.  But you
probably already have enough of the toolchain to enable building kernels.

Jim