Re: [Linux-ia64] ksh for ia64

From: David Lombard <david.lombard_at_mscsoftware.com>
Date: 2000-05-11 06:57:27
roneng@ca.ibm.com wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Does anyone know if there is an ia64 pdksh rpm available anywhere, Or
> has been able to compile, and run pdksh success fully?

It's on my to-do list as ksh is needed for some of our products.

For interaction, bash may be sufficient -- it has been for me, a
long-time, expert, ksh user.  If you prefer vi editing, put "set
editing-mode vi" in your ~/.inputrc file.  While bash isn't KSH-88
conformant (pdksh isn't either), it does have many features that make it
quite acceptable.

For my scripting, bash's typeset command is fairly limited and print
doesn't exist; but other features, such as command substition, e.g., $(
... ), substrings of variables, e.g., ${0##*/}, and compound if, e.g.,
[[ ... ]], work as expected.

--
David N. Lombard
MSC.Software