Re: [Linux-ia64] IP-relative calls in start.S and initfini.c

From: Jim Wilson <wilson_at_cygnus.com>
Date: 2000-05-03 08:25:57
	Thanks, that seems to work. Except that the kernel that I'm running
	(2.3.99-pre5-000424-17) doesn't seem to support the brl instruction yet.

Sorry, I forgot to mention that part.  The architecture manual requires that
the kernel emulate the brl instruction on Itaniums, which do not implement
brl in hardware.  I believe that this kernel support is still being worked
on.

So the current state is that you can link your application, but you can't
run it.  Hopefully within a few weeks you should be able to run it also.

Jim