Re: [Linux-ia64] building the toolchain

From: Tim Riker <TimR_at_CalderaSystems.com>
Date: 2000-02-23 18:10:10
One should keep in mind that source RPMs tipically do both. They use one
prefix when building so that all binaries get the right paths as Jim
mentioned. An then they install with a different prefix so that the
files get installed into a prefixed virtual tree that can be packaged.
When the package is unpacked the files are unpacked into the correct
locations that the binaries are expecting.

build prefix might be /usr and install prefix /tmp/package-version/usr
and so on.