Re: [Linux-ia64] ILP32 support?

From: David Mosberger <davidm_at_hpl.hp.com>
Date: 2000-02-23 11:02:41

  Don> Also, there would have to be some changes to the kernel.  This
  Don> would create ELF64 processes that have to live within the first
  Don> 4G of memory.  We already support 32-bit processes but some
  Don> kernel changes would be required to identify this new entity.

Actually, the forthcoming kernel patch already has a per-process
mmap-base.  So the only change required in the kernel would be to
recognize ILP32 binaries and set the mmap-base accordingly (so, yeah,
I lied when I said no changes would be required... ;-).  (This doesn't
mean that I think ILP32 support is a good idea...)

	--david