[Linux-ia64] SoftSur Problem

From: Venkatesh Ramamurthy <Venkateshr_at_ami.com>
Date: 2000-02-23 10:02:59
Hi,
I have compiled the kernel source code ( from kernel.org ) with the cross
compiler ( source code from cygnus). I booted the SoftSur System with the
new build of kernel. Since the softsur comes with QL1280 scsi card , i boot
through that device after copying the kernel into the proper directory. What
i am getting is a SCSI timeout in Qlogic driver when my kernel boots up. If
i try with the default kernel it works fine.

Is there any special flag that i need to set when i do a 'make config'
during kernel compilation?

TIA
Venkatesh