Re: [Linux-ia64] Cant compile compiler

From: Jim Wilson <wilson_at_cygnus.com>
Date: 2000-02-22 08:13:50
The IA-64 stuff (kernel,glibc,toolchain) is all still very bleeding edge.
If you are expecting things to work perfectly, then you will be very
disappointed.

Also, while the ultimate goal is a complete open source project, we are still
working on getting there.  Most of the work so far as been done under NDA,
and the NDAs just started lifting last week.  It will take some time to
transition from the closed development model that we have been using to the
open development model that linux and GNU developers are familiar with.
Meanwhile, things are going to be a little rough until this all gets
straightened out.

Jim