RE: [Linux-ia64] Cant compile compiler

From: Venkatesh Ramamurthy <Venkateshr_at_ami.com>
Date: 2000-02-22 07:35:21
Any one to help me ......
All i wanted was to compile the cross-compiler ......
Did anyone attend IDF , where a special mention was given about those 2
files stdlib.h and unistd.h .....
Can anyone mail me the binary for the entire cross compiler ..... it would
be very nice if it could be done ......
As a driver developer , i feel it would be nice if didnt have to know the
intricacies of compiler development ..... Is this is all about Open Source
concept where one is given source code ... but doesnt compile ... sigh (
well it maybe my fault ...) ....

Help will be appreciated ....
TIA
Venkatesh

On Monday, February 21, 2000 3:27 PM, Uros Prestor
[SMTP:uros@turbolinux.com] wrote:
| Venkatesh Ramamurthy <Venkateshr@ami.com> said:
| > | You need to have IA-64 include files and IA-64 libraries to bootstrap
| > | the compiler.  Install /usr/include and /usr/lib from the Trillian CD
| >

| > Did you mean /usr/src/linux/include and /usr/src/linux/lib , since there
is
| > no headers and libraries inside /usr/include and /usr/lib in Trillian
CD.