Re: [Linux-ia64] booting? or is this list dead? ;-)

From: David Mosberger <davidm_at_hpl.hp.com>
Date: 2000-02-09 05:39:15

  Goutham> It will depend on your system configuration... if all you
  Goutham> have on IDE is the ls120 and CD, then I think the CD would
  Goutham> be /dev/hdc so you should be able to use "eli <vmlinux>
  Goutham> root=/dev/hdc"

Don't forget to specify the "rescue" option---otherwise, the boot will
get stuck halfway through.  Unfortunately, I wasn't able to document
this option in README.IA-64 because I didn't know if the CD-ROM is
actually bootable until we had the master (and then it was too late to
update the README and make a new master...).

	--david