Re: [Linux-ia64] Q: TLB flush under SMP

From: David Mosberger <davidm_at_hpl.hp.com>
Date: 2000-02-06 11:13:32

  Manfred> Is the first snapshot supposed to run on SMP
  Manfred> hardware/simulator?

SMP support is under development.  It works somewhat, but isn't
stable.  Personally, I don't care for SMP very much until I have an
SMP system myself... ;-)

  Manfred> On ia64, flush_tlb_range() does nothing if the target mm is
  Manfred> not the active mm on the current processor, but what if
  Manfred> that mm is active on another cpu?

I don't think everything has been updated for SMP support yet.  This
certainly does look suspect, though.

  Manfred> And it seems that the ia64 supports inter processor tlb
  Manfred> flushes with special instructions [ptc.g], is the
  Manfred> documentation publicly available?

Not just yet, but it will be available very soon.

	--david